Due to promotion, we have a new opportunity for an experienced Receptionist/Administrator to join our team in Auckland. As a vibrant and engaging person, you will enjoy meeting and helping people, relish working autonomously and be a natural organiser with the ability to easily multi-task and prioritise in this busy role.
Our people enjoy working alongside friendly and dynamic colleagues, in this dedicated team environment you can fully utilise your skills to help support our high performing teams across the business.
About the role
As the first point of contact for our clients on reception, you will welcome guests and greet clients who visit the business, answering incoming calls, distributing correspondence, and managing our general office email. Ensuring the smooth running of reception with a wide range of administrative tasks for the office.
- Greet and welcome clients on arrival, ensuring they have signed-in and are offered refreshments
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Manage meeting room diaries, and company car diary bookings
- Ensure reception area and meeting rooms are tidy and presentable, with all necessary IT and stationery
- Ensure kitchen facilities are maintained and serviced, with weekly purchase of provisions and kitchen supplies
- Administration and filing of documents, assisting in typing fee proposals, letters and documentation
- Work closely with our Administration Manager and Project Co-ordinator, supporting the workload and other general administrative tasks as required
- Coordination and support with the Fire Wardens and fire drills
- Training to become our in-house First Aider for the office
Competitive remuneration package, work life balance with flexible working, an annual bonus scheme, on-the-job training and ongoing career development.
- Experienced Receptionist/Administrator, in a similar role with capacity to multitask and adapt as priorities change in our fast-paced environment
- A natural organiser, strong communicator with the ability to work autonomously as well as within a team
- Work to a high standard, with initiative to work efficiently, and have excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced and highly proficient using Microsoft Office Packages - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. Skills using MS Teams would be an advantage
- Enjoy working with and relating to a wide range of people
Kirk Roberts Consulting is a multi-discipline company with over 130 employees providing Structural, Geotechnical, Fire, Civil and Environmental Engineering Services, plus Project Management, Architecture and Engineering Software to a range of clients across New Zealand, from our offices in Christchurch, Auckland, Hamilton and Tauranga.
At Kirk Roberts the heart of our business is innovation and finding a better way is why we exist. Our company was founded to challenge the norm and push boundaries, so we can bring our clients advanced engineering, project management and software solutions that drive efficiencies.
Please send us your latest CV and covering letter, and you are welcome to include any other documents you feel relevant to your application. Please note, that all applicants must be domiciled in New Zealand and be eligible for permanent employment in NZ, with either a NZ Passport, residency, or current work visa.