We have an exciting opportunity for a Fire Engineer to join our team in Auckland. If you are looking to further develop your career in Fire Safety, within a multi-disciplinary consultancy, working across an interesting range of projects, then we would like to hear from you.
About the role
As a Fire Engineer, you will provide fire engineering design services across projects with preparation of fire reports and drawings. Every building is different and the challenges we work on constantly change, we assess and deliver strong technical design and produce documentation for building consent.
- Prescriptive fire design using NZ Building Code Acceptable Solution documents
- Performance-based fire engineered design and specific engineering design solutions using C/VM2 or Alternative Solutions inclusive of evacuation and smoke movement modelling
- Construction monitoring inspections onsite
- Peer reviews of fire engineering assessments
- Existing building review and assessments for compliance
- Contribute to developing and growing the discipline and services we offer to our clients
Competitive remuneration package, work life balance with flexible working, an annual bonus, on-the-job training and ongoing career development.
- 2 years+ experience in providing fire design in an engineering consultancy in New Zealand
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate qualification in engineering or in fire science would be an advantage
- Experience in undertaking fire design using New Zealand Building Code C/AS1 and C/AS2
- Experience in preparing fire design reports and fire design sketches
- Fluid in communicating technical contents in written and in verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the confidence to liaise with clients and local councils as well as lead and contribute to project delivery
- A natural organiser with a high attention to detail, you will be adept at managing your time to deliver client projects on time and within budget
- A proactive approach, with a willingness to learn and grow
- Enjoy working in a team environment and communicating with a wide range of people
Kirk Roberts Consulting is a multi-disciplinary company with over 130 employees providing Structural, Geotechnical, Fire, Civil and Environmental Engineering Services, plus Project Management, Architecture and Engineering Software to a range of clients across New Zealand, from our offices in Christchurch, Auckland, Hamilton and Tauranga.
At Kirk Roberts the heart of our business is innovation and finding a better way is why we exist. Our company was founded to challenge the norm and push boundaries, so we can bring our clients advanced engineering, project management and software solutions that drive efficiencies.
Please send us your latest CV and covering letter, and you are welcome to include any other documents you feel relevant to your application. Please note, that all applicants must be domiciled in New Zealand and be eligible for permanent employment in NZ, with either a NZ Passport, residency, or current work visa.