We have an exciting opportunity for an Administrator to join our team in Christchurch. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are versatile, and enjoy supporting and liaising with multiple teams, then we would like to hear from you.
About the role
Our role is a combination of admin support and PA assistance to four Managers, and weekly reception cover. Providing efficient and effective operational and administrative support, and contributing to the performance and success of these teams. You will be supporting our Architecture and Project Management teams, and assisting our Project Co-ordinator with admin support to our Civil, Geotechnical, and Environmental teams. This is a busy role, so you will be a natural organiser with the ability to easily multi-task and prioritise your workload.
- Support the day to day planning, communication and administration for the teams.
- Diary, email, phone, and travel management for your managers.
- Assist with department reporting, management functions and monthly invoicing.
- Provide front desk reception cover every second Friday, and lunch cover once a week.
- Assist with project setup, proposals, document preparation, document control and filing.
- Organise and prepare meetings, presentations, take minutes and manage correspondence.
- Work closely with our Project Co-ordinator, supporting their workload and other general administrative tasks as required.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, work life balance with flexible working, paid overtime, a bonus scheme, on-the-job training and ongoing career development.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and always happy to assist.
- Excellent organisational skills, working to a high standard, with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy, with the capacity to multitask and adapt as priorities change whilst keeping calm under pressure.
- Administration experience within a similar role supporting a team/s in a busy, fast paced environment.
- NCEA or equivalent. A tertiary qualification in administration or business management would be an advantage.
- Advanced and highly proficient using Microsoft Office Packages - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams.
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving, with strong decision-making skills.
- Good communicator, who enjoys working with and relating to a wide range of people. Able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
Kirk Roberts Consulting is a multi-disciplinary company with over 130 employees providing Structural, Geotechnical, Fire, Civil and Environmental Engineering Services, plus Project Management, Architecture and Engineering Software to a range of clients across New Zealand, from our offices in Christchurch, Auckland, Hamilton and Tauranga.
At Kirk Roberts the heart of our business is innovation and finding a better way is why we exist. Our company was founded to challenge the norm and push boundaries, so we can bring our clients advanced engineering, project management and software solutions that drive efficiencies.
Please send us your latest CV and covering letter, and you are welcome to include any other documents you feel relevant to your application. Please note, that all applicants must be domiciled in New Zealand and be eligible for permanent employment in NZ, with either a NZ Passport, residency, or current work visa.