Our Auckland team have an exciting opportunity for a Structural Engineer to come and be part of the commercial team. If you have experience in commercial design, enjoy managing your own projects and relish the challenge of utilising new technologies, in a progressive environment, then we would like to hear from you.
About the role
You will work on a growing range of commercial projects, and enjoy the technical challenges and problem solving involved in producing the latest technical designs and analysis of multi-storey commercial designs.
This is a varied role which will see you developing and maintaining client relationships, preparation of concept, preliminary and detailed designs, project administration and management.
You will be working with the Structural team on engineering design and will effectively contribute to:
- Assisting with project design through co-ordination with the team to ensure efficient and effective delivery to our clients
- Independently manage medium sized projects
- Liaising with Team Lead to finalise design criteria
- Evaluate design solutions against design brief
- Preparation of proposals and monitoring progress through to delivery and invoicing
- Review of design documentation
- Liaising with clients, internal teams and contractors
- Preparation of specifications and associated design documentation
- Independently undertake construction monitoring
We offer a competitive remuneration package, paid overtime, a bonus scheme, flexible working, on-the-job training and ongoing career development.
- Qualified with a BEng (Hons) in Structural Engineering, or equivalent
- 5-6 years+ commercial design experience in New Zealand, with proven seismic experience to NZ codes and strong technical knowledge
- Working towards your Chartership
- Experience in managing the delivery of structural engineering projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the confidence to liaise with clients and local councils as well as lead and contribute to project delivery
- Solution focussed, a good problem solver
- Adaptable with a keen eye for detail, excellent planning, organising and time management skills
- Enjoy working in a team environment and communicating with a wide range of people
Kirk Roberts Consulting is a multi-disciplinary company with over 130 employees providing Structural, Geotechnical, Fire, Civil and Environmental Engineering Services, plus Project Management, Architecture and Engineering Software to a range of clients across New Zealand, from our offices in Christchurch, Auckland, Hamilton and Tauranga.
At Kirk Roberts the heart of our business is innovation and finding a better way is why we exist. Our company was founded to challenge the norm and push boundaries, so we can bring our clients advanced engineering, project management and software solutions that drive efficiencies.
Please send us your latest CV and covering letter, and you are welcome to include any other documents you feel relevant to your application. Please note, that all applicants must be domiciled in New Zealand and be eligible for permanent employment in NZ, with either a NZ Passport, residency, or current work visa.