We have an opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our team in Auckland. If you are interested in leading our growing civil team, to deliver on land development design and infrastructure projects, are client focussed, and enjoy contributing to the financial success of a business, then we want to hear from you.
About the role
As a Senior team member, you will be overseeing the technical delivery of projects for the team, be responsible for the preparation of detailed design and documentation for subdivisions, roading, earthworks, drainage and storm water design across residential, commercial and industrial developments.
Working closely with our established clients, managing our growing key clients in the region and nationally, ensuring we deliver cost effective and high-quality design.
- Master planning of civil infrastructure
- Production of detailed CAD drawings for concept, building consent application, tender and construction and preparation of documentation
- Waste water, stormwater, water supply, back flow prevention
- Design of stormwater attenuation and stormwater treatment and disposal systems
- Paving design for asphalt, concrete and other hardstand
- Bulk earthworks quantities with Civil 3D
- Civil design reports and specifications
- Co-ordination of project documentation with designers, contractors and clients
We offer a competitive remuneration package, work life balance with flexible working, an annual performance bonus, on-the-job training and ongoing career development.
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering or equivalent, with 10 years+ professional experience as a Civil Engineer working in a similar environment
- CPEng qualified or working towards registration
- A strong role model for promoting high work standards to deliver client projects on time and within budget
- Experience in leading and managing the delivery of civil engineering projects and operations
- Designing and detailing civil engineering projects in AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Conversant with relevant NZ Building codes and statutory requirements. Design compliant with NZTA and NZBC and relative standards requirements
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the confidence to liaise with clients and local councils as well as lead and contribute to project delivery
Kirk Roberts Consulting is a multi-discipline company with over 130 employees providing Structural, Geotechnical, Fire, Civil and Environmental Engineering Services, plus Project Management, Architecture and Engineering Software to a range of clients across New Zealand, from our offices in Christchurch, Auckland, Hamilton and Tauranga.
At Kirk Roberts the heart of our business is innovation and finding a better way is why we exist. Our company was founded to challenge the norm and push boundaries, so we can bring our clients advanced engineering, project management and software solutions that drive efficiencies.
Please send us your latest CV and covering letter, and you are welcome to include any other documents you feel relevant to your application. Please note, that all applicants must be domiciled in New Zealand and be eligible for permanent employment in NZ, with either a NZ Passport, residency, or current work visa.