We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our growing team in Hamilton. We are looking for an experienced Engineer to grow our team in the region. If you enjoy leading the delivery of projects; are client focused and have a drive to find better ways, we want to hear from you.
About the role
You will work within a dynamic national team, to lead and grow the region delivering high quality geotechnical engineering reports to a range of clients, whilst meeting deadlines and working within budgets.
You will have a strong appreciation of geotechnical challenges across varied sites for residential and commercial land development projects, be solution focused with design and reporting skills and coordinate with key stakeholders and consultants on various projects from design to completion.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, flexible working, an annual bonus scheme, on-the-job training and ongoing career development.
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years NZ experience
- CPEng preferred, but not necessary
- Strong technical abilities with experience in deep foundation, ground improvement and other NZ specific geotechnical solutions
- Strong leadership, whilst being a role model for promoting high work standards to deliver client projects on time and within budget
- Thrive on a challenge and be motivated to provide innovative solutions for our clients
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the confidence to liaise with clients, as well as lead and contribute to project delivery.
- Enjoy working in a team environment and communicating with a wide range of people.
Kirk Roberts Consulting is a multi-disciplinary company with over 130 employees providing Structural, Geotechnical, Fire, Civil and Environmental Engineering Services, plus Project Management, Architecture, and Engineering Software to a range of clients across New Zealand, from our offices in Christchurch, Auckland, Hamilton and Tauranga.
At Kirk Roberts the heart of our business is innovation and finding a better way is why we exist. Our company was founded to challenge the norm and push boundaries, so we can bring our clients advanced engineering, project management and software solutions that drive efficiencies.
Please send us your latest CV and covering letter, and you are welcome to include any other documents you feel relevant to your application. Please note, that all applicants must be domiciled in New Zealand and be eligible for permanent employment in NZ, with either a NZ Passport, residency, or current work visa.